Welcome to another wet day on the Off-Road racing scene.
I am at round 2 of the winter series at TORCH. (Titchfield Off Road Club Hampshire)
The weather then sets in and the expected rain comes down.
Steve Brown, Race Director and Mike Scott a backbone of TORCH decide qualifying is over after 3 rounds and we move into finals as the weather forecast was always coming and we all knew it.
Some racers complained about the decision which I actually found surprising.
Steve wanting to please everyone, which can never be done, calls for the racers to vote whether to have another round in the wet conditions.
I would not be true to myself if i didn’t post how I feel. In feel this was the wrong decision on his part. A club in my opinion must and should make decisions which are in the best interest of the racing. A committee and personnel are there for that very thing, to make decisions. If we were to vote on everything then nothing would be achieved. What I also don’t agree with, is racers arguing with club organisers on their decisions. I personally think its disrespectful to any club or organisation to disagree with their decisions but there you have it. All about opinions i suppose.
The racers voted to carry on with another round and then the finals…..I along with many others decided to call it a day as the increasing puddles on the track only spelt likelihood failures of electrics……
As a sponsored driver if I chose to carry on, I leave myself open for many bad comments about not caring for the equipment or the cost of it ….. I just didn’t feel there was any benefit for the continuation of more rounds especially with a risk of equipment going wrong…..
As usual thanks to all and catch up soon……